icycalm
Site Admin

Why Young Men of Color Are Joining White-Supremacist Groups

Mon May 27, 2019 12:04 pm

https://www.thedailybeast.com/why-young ... ist-groups
Tarrio and other people of color at the far-right rallies claim institutional racism no longer exists in America. In their view, blacks are to blame for any lingering inequality because they are dependent on welfare, lack strong leadership, and believe Democrats who tell them “You’re always going to be broke. You’re not going to make it in society because of institutional racism,” as one mixed-race man put it.

If racism doesn’t exist, I ask Tarrio, how would he explain the disproportionate killing of young black men by police? “Hip-hop culture,” he says. It “glorifies that lifestyle… of selling drugs, shooting up.” Because of that, “Obviously you’re going to have higher crime rates. Obviously you’re going to have more police presence and more confrontations.” (Police kill black males aged 15 to 34 at nine times the rate of the general population.)
Also in Seattle, Franky Price, who said he is “black and white,”wore a T-shirt reading, “It’s okay to be white.”

They are among nearly a dozen black, Latino, and Asian participants at far-right rallies on the West Coast interviewed by The Daily Beast recently. They represent the new face of the far right that some scholars term “multiracial white supremacy.”

fiendish

Re: Why Young Men of Color Are Joining White-Supremacist Groups

Mon May 27, 2019 12:31 pm

multiracial white supremacy
This doesn't even make any sense. If it's multiracial, how is it white?

mkdir

Mon May 27, 2019 4:04 pm

I know of a Proud Boys group doxxed. I won't point it out because no need to spread it, but there was a black dude in their apparently obligatory drunken group pic. So it'll be funny if he loses his job because he's a "nazi" and "white supremacist." Maybe I'll find the black guy and ask him what was on his mind. :lol:

The Father

Mon May 27, 2019 4:10 pm

LOL...shades of Ron Washington here!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_cont ... Tc&t=0m26s
"Banh mi" is a great sandwich. "Ban everyone who disagrees with me" is the mark of a power-hungry moderator.

diamonddigger870

Wed May 29, 2019 3:02 pm

Speaking of Multiracial White Supremacy... https://youtu.be/9KvyEx2cnGo

An interesting analysis from Soph about a black girl who claimed she was white and wanted to join the KKK. The girl claimed she "didn't act black," and hated what she's seen of them, so she decided it would be better to be to white. It's a similar idea at work with all of these minorities joining a Pro-America group like the Proud Boys. America is obviously a better nation that the home nations of a these minority groups (especially the black and Latino ones), so why wouldn't they work to preserve the nation and culture they were born or immigrated into?

mkdir

Wed May 29, 2019 3:25 pm

diamonddigger870 wrote:
Wed May 29, 2019 3:02 pm
An interesting analysis from Soph about a black girl who claimed she was white and wanted to join the KKK.
I see a future article about "how I bravely infiltrated the Klan."

Or just shades of John Derbyshire advising his kids to seek out an intelligent, well-socialized black (IWSB) friend to defend against racism accusations, except in reverse. Who knows since most people are mentally ill.

Mister Happy

Mon Dec 02, 2019 12:05 am

It does make sense. They may believe that even as second-class citizens in a well-run, efficient white supremacist society will benefit them more than being full citizens of a poorly run multicultural mess. Or they may have more superficial reasons, maybe they like the uniforms and symbolism and other cultural and aesthetic appeal of such a society.
fiendish wrote:
Mon May 27, 2019 12:31 pm
multiracial white supremacy
This doesn't even make any sense. If it's multiracial, how is it white?

icycalm
Site Admin

Mon Dec 02, 2019 1:28 am

Mister Happy wrote:
Mon Dec 02, 2019 12:05 am
It does make sense. They may believe that even as second-class citizens in a well-run, efficient white supremacist society will benefit them more than being full citizens of a poorly run multicultural mess.
There are exceptional people of all races. Fewer in other races than in the white one, but they exist. So there's no reason for such people to be "second-class citizens". And once we can edit genes to will, the concept of race will disappear anyway. Look up "hyper-racism" by Nick Land. Garden variety racism will soon have run its course. Probably not in our lifetimes, but certainly in those of our children. If we end up having any to invent that tech, that is. Which is the real problem here.

Return to “Everything Else”