Leucosticte

Why would a successful, religious family man hang around Roosh V Forum?

Thu May 30, 2019 2:43 am

Don't most men who are that way prefer to hang out with their church family? For that matter, why would religious men need an online community, when they can have fellowship in person, in their local community, and take advantage of the benefits of that? Roosh has talked about the importance of having in-person relationships rather than being limited to online relationships. One of the few organizations we have left where people meet face-to-face anymore is the church, because the Bible commands that they continue to get together for services.

When you hang out with your church family, ideally they're helping you professionally through networking in the area where you live, plus they're helping you raise your kids in the right way, and helping your kids find Godly mates when they come of age. So what is the purpose of an online community; how does it help you with that kind of stuff, in ways that your church can't? As people have pointed out, you don't really see a lot of Mormons in the manosphere, because they don't need it; their church gives them a social safety net and all the cultural resources and guidance they could ever need.

This is what's going to make RVF just another incel site -- the fact that the men who will hang out there will be those who feel they have no reason to belong to the church or be active in it, because they think even the church doesn't give them any opportunities to get pussy, because they're too poor, or whatever the situation might be.

If the goal of forum members has switched from fornicating to getting married and living happily ever after, what do they need to communicate with men from all over the world anymore for? They don't need to share tips on poosy paradises anymore, except perhaps in a few cases for wife-hunting purposes (which hopefully is only a one-time endeavor). But even wife-hunting abroad shouldn't even be necessary, given that most churches have more women than men. Masculine probably also have other communities where they can talk about lifting and such, or they can talk about stuff like that with fellow men in the church.

So it does seem like what RVF will be be left with are misfits who are continuing to struggle, rather than finding their place in the world and settling down. What are married men going to do, share tips on how to game their wives, because their cucked church won't teach that? But if their church is cucked, maybe it's not going to be a source of quality brides anyway, which means men are going to be incels and/or MGTOWs.

PillBoxer

Re: Why would a successful, religious family man hang around Roosh V Forum?

Thu May 30, 2019 2:50 am

The bullshit about it all is that women in a church are still going to go for the dude with the highest SMV in that church that they can get, with the bonus of having God as an additional backstop to his less preferred behaviors. Guys that go hard in church to get chicks are playing another form of beta game, plain and simple. it doesn't work there either. No chick wants the dude that prays the hardest.

Leucosticte

Thu May 30, 2019 2:52 am

PillBoxer wrote:
The bullshit about it all is that women in a church are still going to go for the dude with the highest SMV in that church that they can get, with the bonus of having God as an additional backstop to his less preferred behaviors. Guys that go hard in church to get chicks are playing another form of beta game, plain and simple. it doesn't work there either. No chick wants the dude that prays the hardest.
From what I hear, the teenage church girls go gaga for the missionaries visiting from faraway churches. I hear it's that way in both the Mormon and Jehovah's Witnesses churches.

PillBoxer

Thu May 30, 2019 2:53 am

Leucosticte wrote:
PillBoxer wrote:
From what I hear, the teenage church girls go gaga for the missionaries visiting from faraway churches.
Did I miss something? Is this a reference? Chicks I knew made fun of the mormons the same as I did.

mkdir

Sat Jun 01, 2019 9:58 pm

Leucosticte wrote:
From what I hear, the teenage church girls go gaga for the missionaries visiting from faraway churches. I hear it's that way in both the Mormon and Jehovah's Witnesses churches.
I've lived in the Mountain West and never heard of such a thing. Usually, the mormon teenage girls were getting pregnant from local boys, just like everywhere else. A little less frequently than black chicks, I'm sure, but often enough.

PillBoxer

Sat Jun 01, 2019 10:15 pm

I think it's a joke. The only reason you'd believe that cornball religion is because you're in on the take. Talk about a religion started by a man with the purpose of fulfilling a man's desires. Multiple wives? Male dominated leadership? Subservient women? Affirmed by tall tales?

I'm sure Joseph Smith had a clue about what he was doing. NXIVM's founder tried to do the same. A noble purpose, and a successful one by the population.

Return to “Everything Else”