The Father

Let's help this site realize its potential

Mon May 27, 2019 4:02 pm

Like most of you, I am a refugee from RVF forums. Unlike most of you, my problems with RVF started long before this recent (and likely contrived) "conversation" to religious blue-pillism. (Roosh himself winks at his phony new-found faith with his tongue-in-cheek post of proposed acceptable thread titles, including "hug-closing" girls and "how many chaperoned dates should you have before proposing").

Regardless of what motivated this most unwelcome change of perspective, it is arguably NOT the worst thing that happened to RVF. The worst thing that happened to RVF was when Roosh and several other moderators (Tuthmosis being the most obvious) got drunk with their new-found "power" and threatened to ban people simply for disagreeing with them. This is NOT the way to run a men's forum. This is, in fact, the way feminists administer their forums, with comment-moderation to screen out views that don't reinforce the shaky self-confidence of their members and with quick exiles of anyone with opposing ideas.

We have an opportunity to be better on this forum. I don't advocate for the wild west - anyone who posts something illegal, or dangerous, or which could get the forum shut down, SHOULD be censored. But disagreeing with another poster, or a mod,or even the forum founder?? Banning someone for that is, well, girlish. If you don't agree with someone's idea, if you believe your idea is superior, why not debate it? Let the LOGIC of your arguments overwhelm the other's ideas. THAT'S what MEN do! It's not hard to point out coldly and dispassionately where you believe someone else to be fault. Closing your eyes and covering your ears so you can' hear the painful (though true) ideas of another (which is all "banning" is) is what little girls do. It is a knee-jerk, EMOTIONAL response. Girls and women do that, and if we allowed society to be driven by that, we'd still be living in caves and shitting in the woods. MEN use LOGIC, and it is responsible for everything you see around you: Male logic built the skyscrapers we live in, the planes we fly in, the highways we drive on, and the advanced medicine that saves lives. Men who weren't afraid of having their ideas challenged, and if it so happened that another idea was better, they admitted it and adopted the better idea, and the world was better for it.

Let's do that here. Let's make this a platform for FREE SPEECH. Let a thousand flowers bloom - the best ideas will prevail and the worst will fade away. Let's NOT have power-happy mods who need to stifle speech they don't agree with, because it hurts their feewings. Or worse, who ban people to get a power rush. I appeal to the mods here: Run this site as it could be, and it will soon become what it should be: A prominent bastion of free speech, where IDEAS prevail, where FREEDOM reigns, and where petty emotional tyranny is suppressed. In short, it can be a MANLY place.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BQHkGPXMCU8&t=0m49s
"Banh mi" is a great sandwich. "Ban everyone who disagrees with me" is the mark of a power-hungry moderator.

Ludwig

Re: Let's help this site realize it's potential

Mon May 27, 2019 4:24 pm

Good to see you here. I always enjoyed your posts on RVF and specifically remember your challenging Roosh's management in the God Pill thread.

I agree that passionate but civil exchange of ideas should be encouraged. Even if it gets a little heated. A little. Ironic that RVF became a safe space for Roosh's own ideas. I look forward to seeing more regulars and formerly banned members showing up here.

icycalm
Site Admin

Re: Let's help this site realize its potential

Mon May 27, 2019 4:37 pm

Both Roosh and Swoop have scrubbed all links to this place. It’s understandable. They are both doing a crappy job and are threatened by the sight of competence.

We’ve invited a bunch of people since, and we’ll invite more, so I urge you to help out with this because if we’re passive it won’t work.

Whatever happens though, I’ll keep the forum going indefinitely since I was planning to make one anyway after I was done with my book. So there’ll be natural growth there from a demographic unrelated to RVF.

I am very pleased with the results so far. I browse all three forums for the time being, but less and less frequently the others as the RVF quality is nosediving and on Swoop there’s just no posts.

Bortimus

Mon May 27, 2019 9:15 pm

"Let a thousand flowers bloom" isn't really the best phrasing given the historical context.

"It is sometimes suggested that the initiative was a deliberate attempt to flush out dissidents by encouraging them to show themselves as critical of the regime. Whether or not it was a deliberate trap isn't clear but it is the case that many of those who put forward views that were unwelcome to Mao were executed. "

The Father

Mon May 27, 2019 9:57 pm

Bortimus wrote:
Mon May 27, 2019 9:15 pm
"Let a thousand flowers bloom" isn't really the best phrasing given the historical context.

"It is sometimes suggested that the initiative was a deliberate attempt to flush out dissidents by encouraging them to show themselves as critical of the regime. Whether or not it was a deliberate trap isn't clear but it is the case that many of those who put forward views that were unwelcome to Mao were executed. "
Perhaps a better choice of words was in order. Thank you for the feedback. Chairman Noblesse, I implore you - no executions. Not even for the most soy among us.
"Banh mi" is a great sandwich. "Ban everyone who disagrees with me" is the mark of a power-hungry moderator.

Return to “Everything Else”