Male Feminist

Bond

Sat Jun 01, 2019 10:27 am

Phoebe Waller-Bridge: new Bond film must 'treat women properly' – even if he doesn't
https://www.theguardian.com/film/2019/m ... n-properly

What did she mean by this?

ataraxia

Re: Bond

Sat Jun 01, 2019 8:26 pm

She explains here, right?
“It has just got to grow. It has just got to evolve, and the important thing is that the film treats the women properly. He doesn’t have to. He needs to be true to this character.”
I take this to mean that the Bond character will be surrounded by female SJWs in the film, pushing their female empowerment message on him as he swats them away, until finally at the end, Bond is injured or something, and one of them appears, deus ex machina style, and saves the day. Then he recants and has his own "I love Big Brother" moment and hands the baton to this woman, who becomes the next "James" Bond (Jayme Bond?) and the star of subsequent Bond movies.

ataraxia

Sun Jul 14, 2019 8:32 pm

I was close:

https://www.refinery29.com/en-gb/2019/0 ... -lynch-007
“There is a pivotal scene at the start of the film where M [played by Ralph Fiennes] says, ‘Come in 007,’ and in walks Lashana who is Black, beautiful, and a woman. It’s a popcorn-dropping moment. Bond is still Bond but he’s been replaced as 007 by this stunning woman,” an insider told the Daily Mail.

This means that while Lynch will be taking on the agent number 007, James Bond is still Bond. Bond is expected to be in retirement at the start of the events of the upcoming film, essentially making the coveted agent number 007 open for Lynch’s taking.

The casting of Lashana Lynch as the first female 007 is the latest evidence that Bond 25 will be a much more inclusive installment than its predecessors. The hiring of feminist TV writer and actor Phoebe Waller-Bridge to write the script for the film was perhaps the first suggestion that Bond 25 would be in the very least, much more empathetic to its female characters.
She's not stunning. She wouldn't qualify as a Bond girl in any of the movies. Maybe not even as an extra.

Let's hope it bombs spectacularly and they get back to business in subsequent films.

icycalm
Site Admin

Mon Jul 15, 2019 1:12 am

Time to stock up on those Bond box sets to tide us over for the next few years. I will rewatch the entire franchise every couple of years.

Return to “Everything Else”