Leucosticte

Roosh is live with Donovan Sharpe, explaining his conversion

Thu May 30, 2019 12:04 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F4AhIB8xEMA

Bottom line is, he was getting hit with a lot of censorship over his pro-fornication content, so it made sense to shut it down. Let's see now, does he fight as hard against female sluttiness, as he does against men wanting to fornicate? Or is he going to downplay that stuff to avoid controversy and persecution?

Yeah, he can talk about how he had a revelation and whatnot after his sister died, but it's often when we're under psychological and emotional pressure that those revelations come. Normally you're not going to see a guy whose hedonistic life is going well, turn to God at that time; it'll be the guy whose life has crashed and burned, who has nowhere to go but to religion, who takes that path.

And Donovan is bringing up this exact point, about 10 minutes in (might be a little earlier on the official timer, since he started the stream late)

The Father

Re: Roosh is live with Donovan Sharpe, explaining his conversion

Thu May 30, 2019 12:12 am

Leucosticte wrote:
Thu May 30, 2019 12:04 am
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F4AhIB8xEMA

Bottom line is, he was getting hit with a lot of censorship over his pro-fornication content, so it made sense to shut it down.
Sounds more opportunistic than faithful. As I suspected.
"Banh mi" is a great sandwich. "Ban everyone who disagrees with me" is the mark of a power-hungry moderator.

Leucosticte

Thu May 30, 2019 12:15 am

So what's going to happen is, the players go to places like Swoop the World forum to continue trading tips on how to bang young hotties; and then desperate and/or gullible betas will go to places like Roosh V Forum to get social support for wifing up reformed sluts (since God forgives every penitent sinner, right? God can do anything, even turn a ho into a housewife. No one is beyond the redemption that God's grace brings.)

And then when these men get frivorce-raped, the community will say, "Don't worry, God will get you through this."

Or, men will stay single, and think, "Well, I'll never get any pussy, but at least I get to go to heaven after I spend my life slaving away to prop up sluts' lifestyles." They won't try to revolt to bring about a different society, since we're supposed to obey the powers that be, which are ordained of God.

The Father

Thu May 30, 2019 12:25 am

Leucosticte wrote:
Thu May 30, 2019 12:15 am
So what's going to happen is, the players go to places like Swoop the World forum to continue trading tips on how to bang young hotties; and then desperate and/or gullible betas will go to places like Roosh V Forum to get social support for wifing up reformed sluts (since God forgives every penitent sinner, right? God can do anything, even turn a ho into a housewife. No one is beyond the redemption that God's grace brings.)

And then when these men get frivorce-raped, the community will say, "Don't worry, God will get you through this."

Or, men will stay single, and think, "Well, I'll never get any pussy, but at least I get to go to heaven after I spend my life slaving away to prop up sluts' lifestyles." They won't try to revolt to bring about a different society, since we're supposed to obey the powers that be, which are ordained of God.
Roosh's forum will die quicker than a brothel converted into a monestary...the original patrons will no longer get what they came for, and the religious zealots will go to places that have a less seedy past. RVF serves no purpose any longer and has no target audience, at least, not one that it can attract. Out of politeness, many members will politely affirm Roosh's choices. But slowly, they will drift away to other forums, like this one. If there is an audience for Roosh's new message, more authentic religious outlets already fill that need. He has chosen a poor business strategy.
"Banh mi" is a great sandwich. "Ban everyone who disagrees with me" is the mark of a power-hungry moderator.

Leucosticte

Thu May 30, 2019 12:47 am

The Father wrote:
Roosh's forum will die quicker than a brothel converted into a monestary...the original patrons will no longer get what they came for, and the religious zealots will go to places that have a less seedy past. RVF serves no purpose any longer and has no target audience, at least, not one that it can attract. Out of politeness, many members will politely affirm Roosh's choices. But slowly, they will drift away to other forums, like this one. If there is an audience for Roosh's new message, more authentic religious outlets already fill that need. He has chosen a poor business strategy.
It wouldn't surprise me if people continue to hang out there, because it's an established community where all their peeps already are, and they don't have much of anywhere else to go. This place is too based for them, so that leaves Swoop the World, but that's not going to satisfy the people who are into politics.

UPDATE: Interview's over. So, to sum it up, Roosh isn't banging any chicks anymore, he's probably living in his mom's basement again, and he's pretty much giving up on this PUA stuff because he's tired of being persecuted for it. (He didn't say all that, but we can infer it.)

I think he's just tired and wants to leave the scene. Geographically, he's not that far from me; I would say, maybe it's time for a suicide pact, but I guess his religion probably forbids that, plus maybe he wants to stay alive to take care of his mom.

But I have to agree, there's a lot of reason to be blackpilled right now. And he's been heading in a blackpilled direction for at least a year or two, so this is not something that came out of nowhere.

Leucosticte

Thu May 30, 2019 12:51 am

Why was the loss of Roosh's sister such a turning point for him?

It sounded like she was dying for a long time, since she had cancer for years. Anyway, he's talking about it about 45m into the vid. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F4AhIB8xEMA

Weren't they not even in the same country until he came back to DC shortly before she died?

The Father

Thu May 30, 2019 1:18 am

Leucosticte wrote:
Thu May 30, 2019 12:47 am
The Father wrote:
It wouldn't surprise me if people continue to hang out there, because it's an established community where all their peeps already are, and they don't have much of anywhere else to go. This place is too based for them, so that leaves Swoop the World, but that's not going to satisfy the people who are into politics.
I dunno. Blockbuster video had an established audience, too. They literally turned down a chance to buy Netflix because, hey, they're Blockbuster! THEY have the audience. Same with Circuit City and a hundred other bankruptcies. RVF has no raison d'être any longer. It is neither fish nor fowl. It forbids topics of chasing women (something most men are interested in, at some level), it is now WAAAAY too moderated to be interesting to any independent-minded man ("the bannings will continue until Jee-zus is exalted!!"). But, it also doesn't appeal to the evangelical-minded, who have their own churches and forums that lack the taint of RVF's sinful past. Besides, Roosh didn't come out as a non-denominational christian (garden-variety born-again christian). That would have at least given him a broad audience of bible-bangers in the U.S. But no, he announced he is with the "Armenian Orthodox Church", because that's where his mother goes. Oh lord. I don't know how many Armenian Orthodox former-hedonist RVF members there are, but I'll bet you could hold a meeting in a phone booth and it wouldn't be crowded.

My guess is that Roosh keeps most of his twitter followers; it's a relatively low investment of time. But my guess is that RVF has a tenth as much traffic one year from now as it did one year ago. Let's check back in a year, and see.

icycalm
Site Admin

Thu May 30, 2019 1:21 am

The Father wrote:Oh lord. I don't know how many Armenian Orthodox former-hedonist RVF members there are, but I'll bet you could hold a meeting in a phone booth and it wouldn't be crowded.
lmao

Leucosticte

Thu May 30, 2019 1:32 am

Well, RVF is basically going to become a religion-oriented incel site. Think of all the stuff it has in common now with other incel sites. Incel sites don't allow bragging about fornication; well, neither does RVF. Incel sites are pretty blackpilled; well, so is Roosh. Incel sites don't like you posting girly pictures (they consider it "worship"); well, neither will RVF.

A lot of incels also are just trying to pass the time by LDARing, rather than working on self-improvement. That sounds a lot like Roosh's life. I don't hear him talking about any big plans he has for going back to school or starting a new career or anything, so it does kinda seem like he's giving up on himself, unless he's got something secret going on.

But I think what happened was, when he became known as a rape advocate, he felt self-conscious and lost his will to try to fit into mainstream society. And now that his online empire has pretty much collapsed (due to the rise of lookism, which has diminished the importance of game), he has pretty much nothing left.

So there's not really much of a basis for trying to build a cult of personality any longer, since Roosh the man isn't really up to anything inspiring or exciting that we know of. He doesn't even have his sister to take care of anymore; just his mom. Sounds like it's pretty much over for him.

Nonetheless, blackpilled guys who find sites like Incels.co too unsavory and/or lame (or wouldn't be able to fit in due to their history of fornication), and don't like this place either because we're too based or too intellectual or whatever, may not have anywhere else to hang out but RVF, so they're just going to have to do their best to step into the Ned Flanders role.

Roosh has to heavily censor himself on Twitter to keep from getting banned from there, so I don't consider that a very important part of his online presence. The same increasingly goes for YouTube.
Last edited by Leucosticte on Thu May 30, 2019 2:31 am, edited 2 times in total.

The Father

Thu May 30, 2019 1:36 am

Leucosticte wrote:
Thu May 30, 2019 1:32 am
Well, RVF is basically going to become a religion-oriented incel site. Think of all the stuff it has in common now with other incel sites. Incel sites don't allow bragging about fornication; well, neither does RVF. Incel sites are pretty blackpilled; well, so is Roosh. Incel sites complain about degeneracy; well, so do the political-minded RVFers.
There are incel sites?? I must be getting old, and out-of-touch. I have no idea what an incel site would be, or why anyone would admit to being on one!

Leucosticte

Thu May 30, 2019 1:39 am

The Father wrote:
Thu May 30, 2019 1:36 am
There are incel sites?? I must be getting old, and out-of-touch. I have no idea what an incel site would be, or why anyone would admit to being on one!
You missed when they were in their peak. Now the community is just a shadow of its former self. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VTMxRvoJXVc

Return to “Everything Else”