Leucosticte

Are protections in place to keep this site from getting shut down?

Mon May 27, 2019 10:18 pm

Some manosphere site owners have found that issues can arise if enough people decide to complain to your registrar, webhost, etc. that you're being misogynistic. If the site gets popular enough, then you can end up getting featured on some of these "watchdog" sites, which on the one hand attracts more traffic, but on the other hand attracts shut-it-downing attempts.

icycalm
Site Admin

Re: Are protections in place to keep this site from getting shut down?

Mon May 27, 2019 10:27 pm

I'll be making back-ups, and if we get shut down I'll move to another host, and then another and another. And if all the hosts in the world reject us, I will host the site from my home. I have a symmetrical 600Mbps fiber connection and enough computers to staff an Indian call center with. We'll be fine.

Leucosticte

Mon May 27, 2019 10:55 pm

That's good. I'm feeling confident in the leadership of this site, since it sounds like you're not only tech-savvy, but also have a healthy degree of narcissism. Roosh was more of a melancholy guy, and was prone to getting down in the dumps rather than having enough ego strength to believe he could, and must, overcome anything his adversaries might throw at him.

That might account for why he's having so much trouble with girls these days, too; he feels self-conscious about his notoriety rather than revelling in it. He's not like, say, Andrew Anglin, who delights in his high-profile villain status, and seeks to use it for sexual advantage (although part of the issue too may be that girls think it's cooler to be a Nazi than a misogynist). Roosh is pro-rape but doesn't really want to admit it, I guess because his forum consists of a lot of purple-pilled guys who aren't ready to go that far in their patriarchal beliefs. Maybe he could leverage his rapey-ness to attract girls who are into rape fantasies, if he hadn't backpedaled.

At the same time, from your book, I can see that you share one of his strengths, which is that of being a thinker and writer. One of the things Roosh was also good at was coming up with a system for getting men involved in his projects; e.g. recruiting people to write for Return of Kings and then giving them a framework for creating their pieces and making them visually appealing (e.g. formatting them a certain way, with sections, and images, and whatnot).

It's too bad that Roosh hasn't opted to combine forces by helping market this site, but generally narcissists have to go their own way because they think they're more competent than everyone else, which others may find insulting. For this reason, there's only room for a certain number of narcissists in the world. Still, it's a handy trait to have sometimes, because women find narcissism (like other dark triad traits) attractive, and pretty much everyone secretly roots for the narcissist, and is glad to have him around, both for entertainment and as someone resilient enough that they can fight against him without worrying he'll spoil the fun by giving up.

The establishment needs a villain who won't fold, chicks need someone to look up to who won't cave in, society needs a creative force to bring them a new vision of a better world, and the manosphere needs someone who is confident in himself and in his ideology and potential to bring about his goals, because it's a hostile world out there, and only the strong will survive.

Maybe Roosh was the right guy to try to create a forum like RVF because in his relative humility, he didn't intimidate guys by being more of a big baller than they aspired or professed to be. They cut him some slack when he was kinda whiny because it made them look good in comparison. But you can see how weak, e.g., these Swoop the World guys really are, in that they find your forum threatening and think it's going to draw away traffic or something, even though they say they don't even want to cover the topic of politics.

mkdir

Wed May 29, 2019 3:18 pm

I had the same question. Leucosticte beat me.

Well, if you don't plan on cucking and shutting down threads about lusting after 15 year-olds you may as well expect to be shut down and go ahead and get the details lined up. It'll come when this place becomes notorious. I hope you know what kind of DDoS volume and how many IPs can be brought to bear by "organizations."

questor70

Wed May 29, 2019 5:39 pm

^ This.

I'm not going to actively participate in this forum if it promotes underage sex (or prostitution).

icycalm
Site Admin

Wed May 29, 2019 5:50 pm

questor70 wrote:
^ This.

I'm not going to actively participate in this forum if it promotes underage sex (or prostitution).
That's not what he's saying. Read it again.

And in the other thread we explain to people who don't understand international law, that the age of consent in almost all of the EU is 16, and in some countries like Germany even 14. That means that those girls, in those countries, are not underage. But maybe you are from Afghanistan, I don't know. That, however, has no bearing on the rest of us, who are not from, or in, Afghanistan.

If you can't parse these simple statements, yes, I suggest Swoop will be a better fit for you.

And your moral grandstanding on prostitution is also not welcome here. I suggest RooshVforum for all your bible-thumping needs.

Leucosticte

Wed May 29, 2019 5:53 pm

questor70 wrote:
^ This.

The scientists say that girls' brains aren't fully developed till they reach age 25, so technically you're taking advantage of their mental incapacity even by banging them when they're in the 18-25-year-old range.

If you really care about getting informed consent from girls, you should wait till they hit 25 and their pussy has been loosened up by riding a few hundred different cocks of guys their own age before you try to get a piece.

Axle

Wed May 29, 2019 6:19 pm

Personally, anything under 20 is still a child.

That said, my first (not kids playing doctor) sexual experience was with my first girlfriend. She was 15 and I was 18. And she had WAY more experience than I did as I was a virgin until then.

Men over 25 chasing anything under 18 does seem inappropriate to me. But the truth is that yes, by 18 they have probably already screwed 20+ guys.
Stay away from the mushrooms.

Return to “Everything Else”