icycalm
Site Admin

Swoop the World is a generic lowbrow PUA site

Mon May 27, 2019 3:19 am

They just banned me over there lol. I wasn’t going to call them out on anything because I’d vowed to be friendly for the sake of the community, but now I might as well speak my mind.

The name of their site is beyond stupid. It’s like a 15yo who just discovered pick-up chose it. There is no way in hell you can continue the RVF legacy with such a retarded name. No one will ever take you seriously. Just look at their frontpage, generic PUA material at its worst.

They added Life and Everything Else forums to accommodate the RVF crowd, but can’t seem to figure out what threads should go where because no matter which forum you go to, the threads are randomly distributed. Half the threads need to be moved to other forums.

The Travel section is at the top, and they forbid all political discussion as part of a which hunt for “autists”. Everyone who seems intellectual in the least is branded as “autistic”, and you faggots think you can continue the tradition set down by Roosh, Laner, H1N1, gework et al?

In short, that place is a mediocre lowbrow “swooping”-focused site that’s barely worth LINKING on RVF let alone able to carry on its proud traditions. I wish them all the best despite their blatant hostility towards anyone with a triple digit IQ, but I am certain now that Male Privilege is the RVF community’s only hope, so I urge everyone to support this place with your best material, as you’ve been doing.

icycalm
Site Admin

Re: Swoop the World is a generic lowbrow PUA site

Mon May 27, 2019 5:23 am

Another sign the owners are low-IQ, besides the dumb name, low quality frontpage content, messy forum and anti-intellectuality: they have set the posts per page number to 15, whereas on RVF and here it's 25, so you keep having to switch pages, on top of half of each page being taken up with giant blobs of redundant quoting. So you keep scrolling down and pressing next page while parsing very little content of actual value. It feels tiresome browsing there if you have a brain that works fast.

icycalm
Site Admin

Mon May 27, 2019 6:59 am

Here’s another issue with trying to structure an RVF successor forum with traveling as the primary focus, and placing the Travel forum above the Game one: not everyone wants to meet girls abroad. Not everyone is dissatisfied with his home country and city, and most certainly not everyone is planning to uproot himself. Meanwhile everyone needs the Game section, even married family men or men in relationships. Putting travel above everything is a narrow-minded decision that conflicts with the RVF formula and is bound to have adverse effects on the forum’s direction.

fiendish

Mon May 27, 2019 12:47 pm

It's bizarre how they have got 100+ RVF members registering in a couple of days, and no one is posting anything. I think it's partly because of the immature style and bad forum setup you mentioned, but also because Swoop is a pre-existing forum full of crappy Game threads, so browsing there doesn't inspire anyone to contribute, so no one does. Male Privilege, on the other hand, is a carbon-copy of RVF, so has a proven structure, and no pre-existing crap material to demotivate people. Every thread here is new and golden, so even though we have 1/4th the members so far, we have 10x the amount of content.

All of y'all lurking here like shy girls should just get an account and start posting.

PillBoxer

Mon May 27, 2019 1:54 pm

I was interested in game techniques and theories out of curiosity, but I frequented RVF for the social commentary. If Swoop isn't going to be about that, I'll stay here.

icycalm
Site Admin

Mon May 27, 2019 11:30 pm

Continued from here: viewtopic.php?p=197#p197
Leucosticte wrote:Maybe Roosh was the right guy to try to create a forum like RVF because in his relative humility, he didn't intimidate guys by being more of a big baller than they aspired or professed to be. They cut him some slack when he was kinda whiny because it made them look good in comparison. But you can see how weak, e.g., these Swoop the World guys really are, in that they find your forum threatening and think it's going to draw away traffic or something, even though they say they don't even want to cover the topic of politics.
The interesting thing about Swoop, that everyone is ignoring, is that the forum has already failed once. It's been up for two years, with 1000+ users, but before the influx of RVF refugees a few days ago it was dead. Only the Travel forum had good content, like the travel forums of countless "swooping" sites. There was nothing special about it.

So it's naive to think that the influx of RVFers will change things, since the management that tanked the previous iteration of the forum is the same, and making the same mistakes. Because it's not just "politics" that they are banning or discouraging, it's basically every deep subject of discussion. If you want deep discussion, you need deep thinkers, but if you tell them NO POLITICS--especially in an age when half the valid subjects are political, and the other half BLEED INTO politics anyway if you pursue their analysis deeply enough--you're essentially telling all these people to piss off and outlawing their thinking. No politics means no depth, and all you're left with is some "location-independent" "online marketing" sex addicted monkeys who think that because a moron met another moron in real life and patted each other in the back, they're both suddenly "legit" and their dumb lowbrow opinions somehow acquire value.

So yes, a community depends on its members for the content, but it depends on the leader for the DIRECTION, which Roosh just spectacularly demonstrated by singlehandedly self-destructing the community he led. And the same holds true for Swoop. They failed before, and they will fail again to create a good community, because they are morons, and a billion new members won't be able to change that, anymore than dozens of protesting RVF members managed to dissuade Roosh from pressing the self-destruct button.

And I TOLD the damn dudes, I told them in my first post in that stupid forum, to not place any restrictions on subject matter, because that's how RVF became what it is. YOU CAN'T RESTRICT THE THINKING OF THE THINKERS, IF YOU WANT TO HAVE ACTUAL THINKERS. THINKING DOESN'T WORK THAT WAY YOU FACKING RETARDED LITTLE PUA NERDS!

Oh well. It is what it is I guess. Back to work then making this place great again.

Cobra

Tue May 28, 2019 1:02 am

Gents, I would be extremely careful about insulting others in the space collectively. I can understand the frustration of Swoop not allowing politics but as I commented in the Political Discussion thread, the Political discussion indirectly banned many discussions of game on RVF and also pushed out members like myself that built deep connections and content on the site. Please tread carefully.

icycalm
Site Admin

Tue May 28, 2019 1:07 am

I went there with all the best intentions, and all they did was call me names, censor me and finally ban me. They are trash, dude. And of course the "they" doesn't mean everyone. I mean the leadership and their cronies. Obviously there are good, well-meaning people there, but they are not enough--or they lack the clout--to meaningfully influence the tone and direction of the forum. So I don't see any reason to personally "tread carefully". We are just a bunch of dudes typing words on some message boards. None of this is really important in a vital sense, so I might as well have my fun and say exactly what's on my mind. While I was over there I was civil, even if I disliked much of what I saw, because I was in the same space as those people and co-existence requires civility. But now I see no reason to hold back and self-censor. If you want to be nice to them, you are welcome to do so. But I'll continue being myself and giving zero fucks because that's who I am, and that's how I enjoy expressing myself. Cheers.

Leucosticte

Tue May 28, 2019 1:10 am

la noblesse wrote:
Tue May 28, 2019 1:07 am
I went there with all the best intentions, and all they did was call me names, censor me and finally ban me. They are trash, dude. And of course the "they" doesn't mean everyone. I mean the leadership and their cronies. Obviously there are good, well-meaning people there, but they are not enough--or they lack the clout--to meaningfully influence the tone and direction of the forum. So I don't see any reason to personally "tread carefully". We are just a bunch of dudes typing words on some message boards. None of this is really important in a vital sense, so I might as well have my fun and say exactly what's on my mind. While I was over there I was civil, even if I disliked much of what I saw, because I was in the same space as those people and co-existence requires civility. But now I see no reason to hold back and self-censor. If you want to be nice to them, you are welcome to do so. But I'll continue being myself and giving zero fucks because that's who I am, and that's how I enjoy expressing myself. Cheers.
I agree, banning the owner of another forum is usually a way by which the mods say "fuck you"; and in fact, they even indicated they want to distance themselves from you. They did not extend you any professional courtesy as a fellow forum owner, because they were too busy trying to virtue signal. As for the issue of advertising, they treated you as someone who's selling a $750 PUA training course, or $50 containers of protein powder or something, rather than offering a free service like a web forum for the benefit of the manosphere.

Most forums are a personality cult, so if you fuck with the forum leader, you are going to get on the bad side of the forum as a whole. They should have expected this.

icycalm
Site Admin

Wed May 29, 2019 5:47 am

PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT

It now appears that the website known as “Swoop the World” is a front for homosexual hook-ups: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=13#p286

All the evidence points in this direction, above all their dogged insistence that nothing else matters in the manosphere than meet-ups, even if you are a complete stranger to them with a full and busy life that has no interest in meeting them.

-If you refuse to meet them they call you a “keyboard warrior”

-If you try to discuss anything besides meet-ups they call you “autistic”

-If you express an interest in young, fertile girls they call you “incel”

These are all blatant attempts to shame men into meeting up with them so they can “look deep into each other’s eyes”, which is clearly code for gay sex.

The very structure of the site betrays its true function. You have a throwaway frontpage full of generic PUA material meant to attract young horny impressionable males. Then you have a forum meant ostensibly to foster discussion, but which is essentially empty of discussion. The Travel section is at the top, because that’s all that matters to them since they are trying to get you to meet them for buttsecks. Then the “Game” forum is beneath, with some token threads for cover, but in which no one really posts since they have no interest in game, since they are faggots. And finally you have the Life and Everything Else forums that are literally empty since all that faggots are interested in is buttsecks, and that’s already taken care of in the Travel section.

In sum, Swoop the World is to RVF what Grindr is to Tinder: the homosexual version of it, and to those guys who have been tricked into signing up there I would advise them to be very wary if they received a PM with a subject like “Hey handsome, let’s meet up and look into each other’s eyes real soon”...

The Father

Thu May 30, 2019 4:15 am

True Story: I joined this forum, and Swoop The World, the same day. My intent was to check both out, post in both, unless one had a clear advantage over the other.

I posted here and was met with politeness and typical male directness. I enjoy it. It's like RVF before he went crazy.

I posted on STW for the first time tonight. Someone noticed I posted on this forum too and WOOO BOY! It was like what happens when your latina girlfriend catches you eyeing up another girl!

"Why do you post on that other site, huh?? You're not REALLY The Father from RVF! Wah wah wah".

I've never seen such bitchiness! Jesus. Put on a sanitary napkin, ladies, and STFU! IT'S JUST AN INTERNET FORUM!! IT. DOESN'T. MATTER!

Still not sure of the relative merits of each forum after two days, but boy, just keep doing what you're doing, and a few insecure bitches on that other site will drive customers to you!
"Banh mi" is a great sandwich. "Ban everyone who disagrees with me" is the mark of a power-hungry moderator.

icycalm
Site Admin

Thu May 30, 2019 4:22 am

The worst part is that THERE'S SO MANY OF THEM OVER THERE, and there is not a single MAN among them to rise up and say "shut up, you're acting like little girls". Not. A. Single. Man.

And they have the nerve to presume to "vet" me lol. A bunch of fags. To vet ME trololol

The Father

Thu May 30, 2019 4:30 am

la noblesse wrote:
The worst part is that THERE'S SO MANY OF THEM OVER THERE, and there is not a single MAN among them to rise up and say "shut up, you're acting like little girls". Not. A. Single. Man.

And they have the nerve to presume to "vet" me lol. A bunch of fags. To vet ME trololol
Vet how? They did pretty much the same to me. "How do we KNOWWWWWWWWW you're really The Father from the Roosh V site??".

Well, because most people would be embarrassed to admit being a cranky, combative, abrasive asshole on an internet forum. What does one gain by pretending to be that? It's not like I'm pretending to be Brad Pitt. It's a retarded experience.
"Banh mi" is a great sandwich. "Ban everyone who disagrees with me" is the mark of a power-hungry moderator.

Leucosticte

Thu May 30, 2019 4:51 am

la noblesse wrote:

They just have a different culture. Here, people garner respect by sharing insights; being creative; reasoning well; etc. Some of the plans we want to put into practice might not be fully realized for a long time, because we're looking so far into the future. Some of the greatest creators and visionaries toil their whole lives without seeing the full triumph and appreciation of their ideas, and their work doesn't always pay well, so we're not really going to have a lot of dick-measuring contests around here about who's been more successful by worldly standards.

There, they're looking for people who have been successful out in our present society, as a basis for their theories' and opinions' being of practical use in the here and now. But to gain status in such a community, there's a tendency to want to exaggerate or even fabricate accomplishments. Some of that stuff is hard to verify, so it tends to be a lower-trust environment. Yeah, they can maybe meet you in person and hang out with you while you're gaming some chicks, but some of your stories could still be made-up, for all they know.

The other thing is, we're in a degenerate society, so some of the skills that allow one to prosper today may be irrelevant in a more sustainable kind of civilization -- or, conversely, as society continues its decline, the winners of today could become the losers of tomorrow in that type of scenario too. Even game, for instance, could become somewhat obsolete due to the ascendancy of lookism. Guys like Jeremy Meeks just needed one picture to spread virally; could Mystery compete with that, and get laid by hot chicks using his old techniques in the era of Tinder?

The jock/nerd theory of history would predict that the jocks would say, "Those hot 15-year-old cheerleaders need to be reserved only for 15-year-old jocks to bang" while nerds would say, "No, we want a piece of that action too" and want to lower the marriageable age so they can betabuxx for that teenage poon after they graduate school and whatnot. There's always going to be that kind of conflict between the two cultures.

Axle

Thu May 30, 2019 5:12 am

Well, just read the responses to Father over at STW. I won't bother with the gif but, that escalated quickly.

Unfortunately those comments they made are representative of much of what I have read elsewhere there. Not my cup of tea.

Honestly, I don't really care for some of what la noblesse writes but that is just my tastes and I hope la noblesse takes no offense. I appreciate la noblesse providing this space.

Also, plenty of people are simply raging at the moment. The less than thoughtful and self absorbed don't really care what the target is as long as they get to feel better by thinking they 'hurt' someone. Anyone. Hope they feel better, as it cost them their dignity and nobody else anything.

And BTW, the paranoia about stolen handles was probably because they read the posts about doing so at Roosh here, that I said would be childish.
Stay away from the mushrooms.

The Father

Thu May 30, 2019 5:20 am

Axle wrote:
Well, just read the responses to Father over at STW. I won't bother with the gif but, that escalated quickly. ...Hope they feel better, as it cost them their dignity and nobody else anything.
That's the funny thing...why would someone "pretend" to be a nondescript poster from the RVF forum? There's no glory in that. It's just silly, immature. I used to think RVF was immature sometimes, and while I didn't agree with how cavalier Roosh was in banning people, and i don't buy into his religious conversion, I don't think i ever saw such a lord of the flies mentality on RVF. If i were the founder(s) of Swoop, I'd STFU the junior members who were driving his members into your hands. I'd to that ASAP. It's like when you have a nice restaurant (or even a fast-food place) and a smelly homeless guy comes in and starts talking to himself...all the paying customers leave. I have sympathy for people down on their luck, but you can't come into my place of business acting like that and driving away customers.

icycalm
Site Admin

Thu May 30, 2019 5:21 am

Axle wrote:
Honestly, I don't really care for some of what la noblesse writes but that is just my tastes and I hope la noblesse takes no offense. I appreciate la noblesse providing this space.
Almost no one cares for much of what I write lol. And if you think the stuff on here is bad, you haven't seen my real site: http://orgyofthewill.net/

I would take offense if many people cared for everything I write, because that would mean I was writing average, commonplace things.

icycalm
Site Admin

Thu May 30, 2019 5:22 am

Hell. Since the cat is out of the bag, I might as well add my real site to my signature. I was avoiding doing that, so as to not alienate too many people, but who gives a crap at this point.

icycalm
Site Admin

Thu May 30, 2019 5:27 am

Here are some more facts about me:

1. I have done 16 months in prison in Sweden for armed robbery and animal cruelty (stabbed a police dog)
2. I have actually met an RVF person. Kicked him out of my home, and he went to the cops to complain. There is a thread in the RVF travel forum about the incident (it's locked).

icycalm
Site Admin

Thu May 30, 2019 5:32 am

This is what I look like:

I am the guy at the far right, next to the girl. That's a meetup of my readers in Paris back in February. I am 41 in that pic, and the girl is 19, and I picked her up in the streets of Paris a couple of days before that pic was taken, in front of all my readers.

So, you see, that's why all the posturing of the Swoop guys is funny to me. I spent a whole month in solitary confinement in prison. I dealt daily with murderers and drug barons. So there's no way I can take seriously some fags from a faggy forum calling me "incel" or whatever other stupid insults they use between themselves. It's laughable.

Leucosticte

Thu May 30, 2019 5:47 am

la noblesse wrote:
Thu May 30, 2019 5:34 am
Oh and I forgot, I am also wanted by the FBI.
Yeah, you might be the perfect guy to lead the site, because you actually have some balls, and have already burned some bridges so don't have to worry about losing those opportunities.

You've achieved a certain amount of notoriety, but maybe you're still hungry and want to make more of a name for yourself. That could come in handy.

Roosh said that one of the reasons he shut down RoK is that it had nothing left to prove. That may be part of why he's content to just fade away from the scene now; maybe he feels satisfied with what he's accomplished and just wants to rest.

Well, that put the manosphere in need of new leadership, and here you are.

The Father

Thu May 30, 2019 5:51 am

la noblesse wrote:
Thu May 30, 2019 5:27 am
Here are some more facts about me:

1. I have done 16 months in prison in Sweden for armed robbery and animal cruelty (stabbed a police dog)
That's terrible! About the dog, I mean. The armed robbery thing I'm fine with...

Leucosticte

Thu May 30, 2019 5:58 am

The Father wrote:
Thu May 30, 2019 5:51 am
That's terrible! About the dog, I mean.
It was coming right for him! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B3RJUMm-hd0

icycalm
Site Admin

Thu May 30, 2019 6:11 am

The RVF thread about my meetup experience lol: https://www.rooshvforum.com/thread-71889.html

Half of what that guy says is lies. He was a faggy liberal who taught English to Chinese kids online for a living and couldn't get through a day without Kratom or shit like that. He did yoga in his room with one of those huge inflatable balls girls use, and in a whole month of living in Tenerife with me didn't manage to pick up a single girl in the town where I can pick up every day (and of course blamed the town). Finally, he started nagging me to give him back his security deposit so he can go elsewhere to get laid. I told him a deal is a deal and unless I get my 30 days' notice you're not getting your deposit back. But he wanted to leave immediately. And though I had laid the red lines down clearly, he kept nagging me like a girl. After a good half an hour of this nagging I said "Pack your shit and leave now." He started pleading, etc. and I threatened to turn him into pulp, so he started packing. Once he's out he calls the cops, but the cops did nothing. There were no written records between us, and the cops told him to sue me. He did, but nothing came of it either because the judge threw out his case or because he had to leave the EU and couldn't appear in court--I am not sure which. Either way I kept his 600 euros lol.

Does that earn me a rep point on RVF, Swoop guys?

Am I vetted now?

Return to “Everything Else”