icycalm
Site Admin

How Useful Precisely is the HB 1-10 Scale?

Thu Aug 25, 2022 8:10 am

PREVIOUS: RELATIVISTIC PUA

HB is PUA shorthand for "hot babe", and the scale goes from 1 to 10.

Generally-speaking, PUAs don't have problems using the scale, and they use it mostly correctly. Many non-PUAs though do have a problem with it, so I just want to spend a few lines explaining what it's about, and why it's a mighty tool.

Despite what PUAs and right-wingers will tell you, there's no such thing as objective beauty and people's tastes wildly differ. The closest we can get to some kind of objectivity is mass polls, and those will indeed point towards some general tendencies, i.e. a fat fuck will get a lower poll result than a movie starlet and so on. However, there do exist quite a few people who are attracted to fat fucks, and believe-it-or-not prefer them to movie starlets, and that's why even the most comprehensive poll isn't really objective. And that's before we've even brought in other species or aliens, as any decent philosopher would immediately do in order to destroy the low-IQ crowd's stupid obsession with objectivity.

So what, then, is the point of ranking girls with numbers?

It's just an extremely useful, and ultimately helpful, shorthand. When I say that a girl is a 10, I am not expressing any objective fact because for you she might well be a 7, or even a 6. But I AM expressing something extremely important to ME, and that is that the girl takes my breath away and drives me nuts with desire. So instead of saying all that, I just tell you that for me she is a 10 and you get the message immediately. Given how dense PUA texts are with these numbers, if we wanted to ditch the scale we'd have to double the length of every text, and this would not only make the texts sprawling and thus harder to parse but would also render them uglier with needless repetition of definitions. When a PUA says, "I spotted a three-set of a 9, a 7 and a 5", he has given you an immense amount of information with a dozen words instead of writing a whole essay about it, and that's extremely valuable to our communication.

What I am trying to explain to you is that the number does NOT rank the girl, it ranks THE PUAS' FEELINGS FOR THEM, so the whole business is NOT meant to be degrading to girls or in any way objectifying them but rather to enhance the communication of PUAs' feelings between themselves. And, of course, the better you get at communicating your feelings, the better you get at understanding them. That's why massive parts of PUA theory are based on these numbers and become nigh-incomprehensible without them. And this goes for the fully individual, subjective numbers and the more objective, mass-poll ones, which I talk about in Relativistic PUA. So for solid PUA theory we need to analyze both how each individual feels towards different kinds of girls, and how SOCIETY AS A WHOLE feels towards them, because of course society doesn't treat fat fucks and movie starlets equally any more than each of us does, and we need to examine and analyze each category of girls and all reactions to them as deeply as possible in order to understand the world they live in, and therefore how they behave and feel about it.

NEXT: PART A: THE THEORY: DEFINING GAME

Return to “Endgame: The End of PUA Theory”